Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Four Mile Lake Association - Bulletin Board

FMLA Website HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

High Speed Internet on 4ML! (Read 11,910 times)
Jimboat
Grand Member

I Love Four Mile Lake!

Four Mile Lake
High Speed Internet on 4ML!
Jul 18th, 2008 at 8:57am

Anyone that would like to have wireless high-speed internet access on 4ML this summer, be sure to sign the petition at the FMLA website or read about the latest Xplornet status at Internet Update.

Sign the petition to encourage Xplornet to get their installations done!

WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Administrator
FMLA Board Administrator

I love 4ML

Four Mile Lake
Re: High Speed Internet on 4ML - July 27, 2008 UPDATE
Reply #1 - Jul 27th, 2008 at 8:08am

Not much progress recently by Xplornet, unfortunately.  Over 140 4ML residents have given written "expressions of interest" for highspeed internet, which is a huge demonstration of local interest.  Xplornet continues to advise that they are "working on the installation of 2 towers for 4ML"....but there has been no sign of site selection or towers.  

Rob Dlouhy of Kawartha Wireless (Fenelon Falls, 866-826-0194) remains extraordinarily helpful to all 4ML residents, and you can be comfortable contacting Rob with any of your personal installation questions or scheduled install.  

While it's discouraging for the 4ML residents to show so much interest and not see any progress of response by Xplornet, we should continue our demonstration of interest to Xplornet.  Xplornet still needs encouragement to make 4ML their priority for internet service.  You can help by calling TAG (1-800-407-6419) or Xplornet ([url]http://www.xplornet.com[/url]), and sign the list below.

SIGN THE LIST OF INTEREST FOR WIRELESS INTERNET SERVICE ON 4ML!

Read about the latest Xplornet status at [url=http://www.fourmilelake.ca/HS_Internet.html][color=#ff0000][u][b]Internet Update[/b][/u][/color][/url].

/Jim

The Administrator.
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Administrator
FMLA Board Administrator

I love 4ML

Four Mile Lake
Re: High Speed Internet on 4ML!
Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 5:03pm

Xplornet has now committed to install two (2) repeater towers on 4ML.  Locations have been confirmed and erection is expected to be completed by end August.  Over 150 4ML residents have given written "expressions of interest" for highspeed internet, which is a huge demonstration of local interest.  

So, it won't be long now.  It looks like the summer will be over by the time the high-speed wireless service is fully operational, but by fall 4ML WILL BE WIRED!

It's been a huge effort on the part of several of your FMLA directors and contributors...but you asked for high-speed - so we have tried our best to get it going!

You can contact Rob Dlouhy of Kawartha Wireless (Fenelon Falls, 866-826-0194) with any of your personal installation questions or scheduled install.  

SIGN THE LIST OF INTEREST FOR WIRELESS INTERNET SERVICE ON 4ML at [url=http://www.fourmilelake.ca/HS_Internet.html][color=#ff0000][u][b]Sign the Internet Petition for 4ML High Speed![/b][/u][/color][/url].

In order to ensure that Xplornet maintains 4ML as a priority for wireless high-speed internet service - they need to hearhear from you!

/Jim

The Administrator.
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Administrator
FMLA Board Administrator

I love 4ML

Four Mile Lake
Reply #3 - Aug 22nd, 2008 at 8:32am

Just an update on Xplornet's progress on 4ML fixed wireless internet install.   Last word was that towers would be completed by end August, but no action so far.  Nothing more to report.  Xplornet is too busy to return my calls.

/Jim

The Administrator.
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Administrator
FMLA Board Administrator

I love 4ML

Four Mile Lake
Reply #4 - Sep 9th, 2008 at 5:41pm

Latest Update on Xplornet fixed wireless installation for 4ML.  It has been very difficult to obtain information from Xplornet for the past month.  We now understand that Xplornet plans to have the two (2) "repeater" towers installed in their locations on 4ML by end Sept. (yes, 2008!).  So....stay tuned...

/Jim

The Administrator.
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Jeff
FMLA BB Newbies
FMLA Member

I Love Four Mile Lake!

Reply #5 - Sep 19th, 2008 at 9:16am

we'll get there eventually!   Cheesy

IP Logged

Administrator
FMLA Board Administrator

I love 4ML

Four Mile Lake
Reply #6 - Sep 19th, 2008 at 9:24am

Latest info from Xplornet is that materials for the 2 Four Mile Lake towers will be available early October, and installation will follow directly.

/Jim

The Administrator.
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Administrator
FMLA Board Administrator

I love 4ML

Four Mile Lake
Reply #7 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 4:47pm

Xplornet advised on Sept 30th that construction work will start next week (week of Oct 3, 2008) on the 2 new 4ML towers.

/Jim

The Administrator.
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Jimboat
Grand Member

I Love Four Mile Lake!

Four Mile Lake
Re: High Speed Internet LIVE on 4ML!
Reply #8 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 6:01pm

[size=16][u][b][color=#ff0000]High Speed Internet is LIVE on 4ML![/color][/b][/u][/size]
Xplornet has now completed the installation of the two (2) repeater towers on 4ML.  Locations are on Birchglen Dr. (east side of Lake) and Griffin Dr. (west side of Lake).

These towers were "turned-on" during the last week of October and are expected to give most all of 4ML line-of-sight service.  There are still some connection and reliability problems to fix, but we are confident that Xplornet will get these worked out for us!

Over 160 4ML residents have given written "expressions of interest" for highspeed internet, which is a huge demonstration of local interest.  

It's been a huge effort on the part of your FMLA directors and contributors...but you asked for high-speed - so we tried our best to get it going!

Rob Dlouhy of Kawartha Wireless ([url=http://kawarthawireless.ca][color=#ff0000][u][b]kawarthawireless.ca[/b][/u][/color][/url] Fenelon Falls, 866-826-0194) remains very helpful to 4ML residents, and you can be comfortable contacting Rob with any of your personal installation questions or scheduled install.  

/Jim

WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Administrator
FMLA Board Administrator

I love 4ML

Four Mile Lake
Re: High Speed Internet on 4ML - UPDATE.
Reply #9 - Feb 9th, 2009 at 12:09pm

Through the winter we've worked hard to solve most of the "bugs" in the Xplornet high-speed system serving 4ML.  My contacts have been quite cooperative and tried hard to get the problems solved.  My service is now working pretty well.  I get approximately 1.5MB download and 600KB upload speeds, and the system now seems pretty stable.  I will update if this situation changes through the spring.

If you are calling Xplornet to set up your high speed service, feel free to mention my name from Four Mile Lake....believe me - they know me!

Rob Dlouhy of Kawartha Wireless ([b][color=#ff0000][url]kawarthawireless.ca[/url][/color][/b]) Fenelon Falls, 866-826-0194) remains very helpful to 4ML residents, and you can be comfortable contacting Rob with any of your personal installation questions or scheduled install.  

/Jim Russell

The Administrator.
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Administrator
FMLA Board Administrator

I love 4ML

Four Mile Lake
Reply #10 - Mar 14th, 2009 at 9:39am

intermittent service during march/09 with several local 4ML users.  Xplornet does not seem to be aware of any particular issues.  

Feel free to call me for a more up-to-date status of Xplornet's service.

May/June - Xplornet made more changes to system setup.  Everything seems to be operating successfully now.  Xplornet has worked hard to bring service to 4ML!

/Jim

The Administrator.
WWW WWW  
IP Logged