Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Four Mile Lake Association - Bulletin Board

FMLA Website HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Lake & Personal Property Safety - Racing Boats (Read 3,079 times)
Griffinowl2011
FMLA BB Newbies

FML is heaven on earth...........

98 Griffin Drive
Lake & Personal Property Safety - Racing Boats
Aug 4th, 2011 at 9:17pm

I thought I would throw this subject into the pot for a little feedback. Perhaps there are many or few that share my distaste for these obnoxiously loud racing boats gracing our waters, more specifically, running close up to shore lines, usually between 7-8 am, and the same hour in the pm.
I firmly believe our lake is too small for these watercraft and high speed, extremely loud engines to be running, and I would like to know if anyone else has a feeling on this.
I'd like to pursue, and research, whether a ban could be placed, or perhaps a limit for engine sizes in place.
There has to be either legal recourse, or at least some common respect to be shared amongst ourselves on this lake, after all, we are all neighbors. I was raised on this lake for 50 years now, and have great memories of a family oriented, somewhat peaceful existence amongst all Four Milers.
Please if you share my opinion, or perhaps you have a thought to share on how to acquire our peace and quiet back, please share it.
Thank you in advance for ALL feedback.  Paul Lewis

IP Logged

fmler
FMLA BB Newbies

I Love Four Mile Lake!

Re: Lake & Personal Property Safety - Racing Boats
Reply #1 - Sep 1st, 2011 at 11:55am

It would be a shame if a ban was invoked due to lack of common courtesy and respect by a small number of people.

There is a law stating that boats cannot travel a speeds greater than 10 mph within 100 feet of the shoreline.

sgooding  
IP Logged