Four Mile Lake Association - Bulletin Board

FMLA Website HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Turtles in Ontario (Read 2,325 times)
karen
FMLA BB Newbies

I Love Four Mile Lake!

Turtles in Ontario
Apr 22nd, 2012 at 2:39pm

The Toronto Zoo is applying for funding from Shell Canada in the amount of $50,000.00 to study the turtle population in Ontario.  The Zoo will use the money to determine the number and species of turtles in Ontario, to improve the the nest and living sites of turtles in Ontario and to release turtles hatched at the Zoo in areas where the turtle population is low. (This is my summary of what I read.)  To obtain this funding, people must vote for the project(s) Shell Canada is considering by the end of April 2012.  To vote for the Zoo's project, please go to the web site entitled Shell Fuelling Change.  (google - Shell Fuelling Change).  In its submission, the Zoo plans on contacting the lake associations to obtain assistance in implementing the project. 

So I would like to encourage all people reading this message to vote for the Zoo's submission and to request that all your friends also vote for the submission.
I would also like to ask the 4 Mile Lake Association if it would be interested in participating in this project should the Zoo be successful in getting the funding.
Thanks

IP Logged