Four Mile Lake Association - Bulletin Board

FMLA Website HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Bears (Read 4,437 times)
Muskie12
Grand Member

I Love Four Mile Lake!

Bears
Jun 2nd, 2014 at 2:55pm

Anybody else seeing many bears this year? I've seen two different boars near the island bridge last week at dusk. Tis' the season.

IP Logged

Chris
FMLA BB Newbies

I Love Four Mile Lake!

Re: Bears
Reply #1 - Jun 2nd, 2014 at 7:44pm

We had a bear try to get into our shed ( thawed and forgotten garbage ) in mid April, that is about all -  Hillside Dr. North

IP Logged

Administrator
FMLA Board Administrator

I love 4ML

Four Mile Lake
Re: Bears
Reply #2 - Aug 17th, 2015 at 9:29am

Bears on 4ML have become more of a risk this summer, and it's been escalating during past weeks.  We've had many reports from Griffin Drive (west side), Birch Glen/Hillside (east side) and Island Drive (north end).  Bears have been raiding the garbage boxes and even scrounging right on to cottage lots, especially ones with compost piles. When the bear finds garbage to eat, MNR confirms that it will return to that road again and again. 

If you leave garbage out or in your box on Sunday before you travel back to the city, and the bear gets into your garbage, then your neighbours have to clean up the mess - or the remains lie out waiting for the bear to return again!

The best suggestion is to NOT put garbage out to your garbage box until the morning of the CoKL garbage collection.  If that is inconvenient, taking the garbage to the dump (landfill) or taking it home with you is the best alternative.

[see also: http://www.fourmilelake.ca/bears.html]

The Administrator.
WWW WWW  
IP Logged